Ocean Energy Roadmap
The Ocean Energy Forum Strategic Roadmap was published in November at OEE2016 in Brussels.
It is the main output of the Ocean Energy Forum, created by the European Commission in 2014.
The Roadmap proposes 6 actions to facilitate the emergence of a market for ocean energy in Europe. These actions are:
- To create an EU-wide phase-gate approach for technology development
- Identify the most suitable sites for early deployments and support pre-commercial farms there
- Create a packaged approach for financing farms
- Create an EU insurance fund to underwrite project risks
- Increase collaboration to reduce costs and plan deployments
- Create an integrated consenting programme
Ocean Energy Europe is working with the EU and Member State governments to implement these actions, thereby creating a market for ocean energy in Europe, and opening up export markets around the world.
For further information, visit the Ocean Energy Forum section of the European Commission's website.