Vacancy: Membership, Marketing & Sales Manager
The Membership & Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring that Ocean Energy Europe members receive a high standard of service, recruiting new members into the organisation, and marketing Ocean Energy Europe and its events, including its Annual Conference & Exhibition.
She/he will work closely with the Communications & Events Director and the CEO to deliver membership satisfaction and sales revenue growth against agreed targets.
The Membership & Marketing Manager is an outward-facing role within the organisation, dealing with industry stakeholders on a regular basis. This requires a genuine interest in supporting ocean energy organisations to develop and grow. It also requires a strong strategic vision.
Membership services and sales
- Recruiting and welcoming new members to OEE
- Ensuring member satisfaction and ensuring members are receiving a high value service
- Answer or delegate member queries and get members intelligence to inform the OEE team
- Identifying information of value to members and working with the team to deliver briefings
- Managing OEE’s online ‘Members Area’
- Promoting members’ news, progress, events etc. through OEE communications platforms
- Monitoring membership payments/invoices and addressing payment issues
- Generating statistics on membership and reporting on membership status to the OEE Board
- Management of the OEE Blue Energy Award
Events Sales & Marketing
- Sponsorship sales and sponsor management for the OEE Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Exhibition sales and exhibitor management for the OEE Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Marketing of OEE Annual Conference & Exhibition (newsletters, media partners, online promotion, website updates, advertising etc.)
- Developing and implementing the branding and visual identity for all OEE events
- Production of OEE Annual Conference & Exhibition brochure and other event-related material
- Organising OEE’s ‘Members Only’ events e.g. AGM, Strategy Day, pre-conference seminar
- Coordinating OEE’s involvement in external events (either as delegates or as session organisers), such as the European Maritime Days or the EU Sustainable Energy Week.
- Management of OEE contact database
- Managing OEE invoices receivable
- Mandatory: University degree in relevant field – Sales, marketing, business.
- Mandatory: Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing or business.
- Mandatory: Excellent oral and written English, conversational French
- Asset: Fluent French and speaker-level in other languages, e.g. Spanish, Dutch
- Asset: Knowledge of the work of European trade associations, or the renewable energy sector
- Asset: Some experience of managing events would be an advantage
- Proactive, independent, self-motivated
- A real ‘people’s person’, able to connect with senior industry contacts
- Ability to familiarise quickly with technical and commercial issues
- Team-player, aiming at the Association’s success above his own
We assume all candidates will be able to prioritise, work under pressure, on budget and to tight deadlines, have an eye for detail, etc…
Ocean Energy Europe offers an attractive salary and benefits package under Belgian law.
- Open-ended contract
- Based in Brussels at OEE offices, with regular travel for industry events
How to apply – deadline 6 August, applications considered on a rolling basis
Send curriculum vitae and motivation letter to: email@example.com
CVs in “Europass” format or other institutional templates will not be considered.
About Ocean Energy Europe – http://oceanenergy.eu
In 5 years since relaunch, the Association has become the largest global network of ocean energy professionals, increased membership from 50 to 125, increased staff from 2 to 7, launched what is now the biggest EU conference on ocean energy, and had its Ocean Energy Roadmap presented by Maritime Affairs Commissioner Vella to the Council of Ministers. Members include Europe’s leading utilities, industrialists, regions and research institutes in the field.
Ocean Energy Europe’s objective is to create a strong environment for the development of ocean energy, improve access to funding and enhance business opportunities for its members. To achieve this, it engages with the European Commission, Council, Parliament, European Investment Bank, and national ministries on all dossiers affecting the sector, such energy, climate, finance, grid and consenting.
We are a team of young, hard-working and self-motivated professionals, here to make a difference.