Vacancy: Policy & Project Officer
The Policy/Project Officer will lead “ETIP Ocean 2”, the Technology and Innovation Platform for Ocean Energy, as well as engage on other projects and policy files. The objective of ETIP Ocean is to increase visibility of the sector, outreach to ocean energy players beyond OEE membership, bring those players together, and devise common positions on diverse topics such as technology, finance or consenting & environment issues.
ETIP Ocean 2.0 will need to deliver among other a new Strategic Roadmap for EU Ocean Energy, a new Strategic Research Agenda, a study on environmental issues and barriers. Other outputs include: convincing position papers and reports, a series of webinars, stakeholders events & workshops.
S/he will be equally responsible for the professional coordination of these projects.
S/he will be a part of Ocean Energy Europe’s policy team and report to the Policy Director.
- Write policy documents – from position papers to fully-fledged published reports such as the Ocean Energy Forum Roadmap
- Organise and shape the programme for meetings, events and webinars,
- Consult sector stakeholders and extract useful information and perspectives
- Represent the association at events and meetings
- Build good relations and work collaboratively with industry stakeholders – technology & project developers, academics, supply chain actors, national authorities
- Ensure ETIP Ocean 2 fulfils its objectives and deliverables, and delivers wider sectoral benefits
- Manage and expand the 400+ strong participant list of ETIP Ocean
- Organise meetings, events and webinars
- Prepare, execute and report on project budgets & finances
- Complete reporting for the project to the satisfaction of OEE management and the European Commission
- Assist with any OEE matters: membership recruitment, conference organisation
- Help with Belgian and EU administrative processes where necessary
- Mandatory: University degree in relevant field (political sciences / economy / environment…)
- Mandatory: Minimum 2-3 years experience in relevant field(s)
- Mandatory: Excellent oral and written English (proven)
- Mandatory: Proven experience with EU policy formation
- Mandatory: Proven experience of project management – ideally as coordinator of an EU project/grant award
- Asset: Experience in coordinating international networks of experts
- Asset: Experience in Horizon 2020, Interreg, LIFE and other programmes
- Asset: Speaker-level in other languages, particularly French, Spanish and Dutch
- Asset: Deep understanding of the Energy / Renewables sectors at EU and world levels
- Creative: can spot opportunities to help the sector develop
- Precise: can write clearly, concisely & convincingly
- Personable: can quickly establish good relationships with project partners; a team-player who is sharing and caring
- Motivated: enthusiastic about the ocean energy sector and its commercial prospects; keen to understand the industry’s technological, commercial and financial needs
- Flexible: available to travel when required
We assume all candidates will be able to prioritise, work under pressure, on budget and to tight deadlines, have an eye for detail, etc…
Ocean Energy Europe offers an attractive salary and benefits package under Belgian law.
- 3-year fixed term contract – followed by full time depending on project renewal/portfolio
- Based in Brussels at OEE offices
Start: As soon as possible
How to apply - by 25 February close of business
Send CV and motivation letter addressed to Donagh Cagney, Policy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs in “Europass” format or other institutional templates will not be considered.