Copernicus Marine Service Training Workshop for the European North-West Shelf Seas
Date : 12/12/2019 - 13/12/2019
Time : 12/12/2019 | 08:30 - 20:0013/12/2019 | 08:30 - 12:45
Location : Galway, Ireland
Mercator Ocean International and the UK Met Office organize on December 12-13 2019 in Galway, Ireland, a Regional Copernicus Marine Service Training Workshop dedicated to the North-West shelf Seas.
The Copernicus Marine Service provides regular and systematic reference information on the physical and biogeochemical ocean and sea-ice state for the global ocean and the European regional seas. CMEMS serves a wide range of users (more than 15,000 users are now registered to the service) and applications.
Copernicus marine products are open-access and free for all to use.
Objectives of the workshop are to:
Bring together experts, with users of marine products. It will consist of a mixture of plenary expert talks, round table discussions and hands on practical-exercises to explore the Copernicus marine product catalogue.
By the end of this training event you will be able to:
- Describe the potential value of using Copernicus marine products
- Identify relevant Copernicus marine products that would be appropriate for you to use.
- Navigate the Copernicus marine product catalogue.
- Confidently use appropriate tools and products from the catalogue.
- Input into the future design and development of Copernicus marine service tools and products