EUSEW Online Side Event: Activating the EU Offshore Renewable Energy Strategy
Date : 20/09/2022
Time : 10:30 - 12:00
This side event - co-organised by Ocean Energy Europe, Wind Europe and Normandy Region - proposed solutions for the main barriers to offshore renewables development and identified the next steps in implementing the EU Offshore Renewables Strategy.
Industry players as well as EU and national/regional policymakers discussed the progress to date and explored what needs to be done to achieve the strategy’s targets.
Finally, we drew a set of recommendations on how to unlock the growth of these industries and achieve Europe’s climate goals, energy independence and technology leadership.
Donagh Cagney, Policy Director, OEE
- Ricardo Renedo-Williams, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Hubert Dejean de la Batie, Vice-President in charge of energy transition, Normandy Region
- Giles Dickson, CEO, Wind Europe
- Claire Sandevoir, Policy Advisor, Vattenfall
- Alejandro Marques, Business Development Manager, Magallanes Renovables