Recruitment: Marine Energy Ambassador in the Netherlands
The successful candidate will be the national-level representative of the Dutch marine energy sector (‘the sector’). His / her aim is to raise the profile of the sector and ensure that it receives the support necessary to further develop and expand.
This requires effective communication of the sector’s potential, its wider contribution to society, and its policy and funding needs. Messages should be delivered to those at both functional and political levels within the Dutch government, who can help deliver on these needs.
He / she is responsible for the definition and implementation of advocacy strategy, in close cooperation with Ocean Energy Europe (OEE) and the sector. He / she will build and maintain a close relationship with sectoral players, and will consult closely when devising messaging and policy positions.
The successful candidate will work in the offices of Dutch marine energy players in the Netherlands, while liaising with OEE, which is based in Brussels, Belgium.
The work would span 2.5 years, with the possibility of renewal.
Responsibilities: Policy & Engagement
- – Define the annual policy / engagement strategy in consultation with OEE and the Dutch marine energy sector (‘the sector’)
- – Act as a public spokesperson for the sector and ensure the sector is well known and understood at a national level
- – Carry out engagement campaigns at all levels, with or without sector representation
- – Write policy documents – primary position papers but also potentially larger publications such as the ‘ETIP Ocean Powering Homes’ report
- – Identify media outreach and public relations opportunities, and engage with the press where of value
- – Conduct policy analysis to generate data and define main messages Engage with external stakeholders – industry coalitions, renewable industry, NGOs,
- – Organize an annual event, bringing together the sector and important decision-makers
- – Engage with national-level engagement efforts in other European countries to ensure coordination – eg France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, the UK
Responsibilities: Services to the Sector
- – Regular engagement with Dutch marine energy players
- – Answer policy queries Dutch marine energy players
- – Write briefings on Dutch funding opportunities and new legislation
- – Consult the sector on policy files
- – University degree in relevant field (political sciences / economy / environment …)
- – Mandatory: Minimum 7 years experience
- – Mandatory: Excellent oral and written Dutch & English (proven)
- – Mandatory: Proven track record in working with national-level institutions and authorities in the Netherlands – eg Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
- – Mandatory: excellent knowledge of Dutch government structures and decision-making processes
- – Asset: In-depth understanding of the Energy / Renewables / Marine Energy sectors at a national, EU and world level.
- – Highly driven, self-motivated and ambitious for the sector.
- – Sound judgment. Able to provide rapid analysis or data & issues and to identify which actions will deliver most value for the sector.
- – A clear and compelling communicator. Able to articulate the value of the sector to society and to present recommendations to internal and external audiences.
- – An open and secure personality, willing and able to work collaboratively with a wide range of different personality types
We assume all candidates will be able to work under pressure, on budget and tight deadlines, have an eye for detail, etc …