Target 2025 Conference – Recordings and presentations
The EU Strategy on Offshore Renewable Energy sets a clear objective for ocean energy deployment: 100 MW by 2025. To reach that goal and fund the next 100 MW of ocean energy, the European Commission will need to coordinate with national and regional authorities.
On 22 June 2021, we brought together key actors from EU Institutions, national governments, and the ocean energy industry to explore how best to achieve this 100 MW target. It provided concrete solutions to empower the Commission and Member States to succeed in their coordination work.
A political vision for ocean energy
The EU Strategy on Offshore Renewable Energy is a landmark communication, setting a clear path for ocean energy. Rapid implementation of the text is now needed to reach its ambitious targets.
During this conference, leading EU policymakers shared their vision for the ocean energy sector and discussed priorities to turn the Strategy into action.
Introduction: Rémi Gruet, CEO, Ocean Energy Europe
Keynote: Catharina Sikow-Magny, Director, DG ENER, European Commission
Keynote: Seán Kelly, MEP, European Partliament
Keynote: Morten Petersen, MEP, European Partliament
Pilot farms: a pathway to 2025
This session will provide a glimpse into the future of ocean energy in Europe. OEE formally handed over the ‘Target 2025’ ocean energy project pipeline analysis to the European Commission, and leading developers presented their demonstration projects.
Moderator: Donagh Cagney, Policy Director, OEE
- Rémi Collombet, Senior Policy Officer, Ocean Energy Europe (OEE) – Key findings of OEE’s ‘Target 2025’ analysis
- Guillaume Gréau, Head of Business Development, HydroQuest – A multi-MW tidal array to harness the power of the Raz Blanchard
- Patrik Möller, CEO, CorPower Ocean – Bringing wave energy to the pilot farm stage
Download Rémi’s presentation
Download Guillaume’s presentation
Download Patrik’s presentation
Getting everyone on the same boat: Coordinating support
This session brought together the European Commission, Member States and investors to discuss what is needed to achieve the Strategy’s deployment objectives.
Moderator: Donagh Cagney, Policy Director, Ocean Energy Europe
- Vincent Berrutto, Head of Unit, DG ENER, European Commission
- Matthijs Soede, Research Programme Officer, DG RTD, European Commission
- Wolfgang d’Innocenzo, Energy Attaché, Italian Permanent Representation
- Patricia Comiskey, Programme Manager Ocean Energy, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)
- Diego Pavia, CEO, Innoenergy
A New Insurance & Warranty Concept for Ocean Energy
Report Authors: Michael Bullock & Joe Hulm, Renewable Risk Advisers
Download Michael’s presentation